Last revised May 11th, 2022
Welcome to Lakeregioneye.com. The Lakeregioneye.com website and associated software is protected by U.S. Copyright law and are provided subject to Lakeregioneye.com Terms of Service (TOS).
I. Information We Collect. When you use the Website, we collect and store the information you provide, usage information, and information about your device. This information is used to complete, process, and disseminate the services provided by the Website. Here are the types of information we collect about you:
A. Information You Provide To Us
- Communications. When you contact us or we contact you, we collect any information that you provide, including the contents of the messages or attachments you send us.
B. Information We Collect When You Use the Website
- Location Information. The Website may collect location information (including GPS and WIFI data) differently depending on your device permissions in order to improve the platforms performance and/or personalization
- Usage Information. We collect information about your use of the Website. We also collect information about your interactions with the Website like our apps and websites, including the pages and content you view and the dates and times of your use.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the devices you use to access the Website, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identifiers, advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens
- Cookies, Analytics, and Third-Party Technologies. We may collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and data analytics tools. Cookies store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Website. Cookies can be modified or removed in your browser setting(s).
C. Information We Collect from Third Parties
- Third-party Services. Lake Region Eye Center may utilize third-party services to provide us with information to enhance your Lake Region Eye Center experience. These third-party services include Microsoft Azure, Gardonville Coop Telephone, SendGrid, Kopage, and cPanel. We may obtain the following information about you from these third-party services:
a. Information to operationalize loyalty and promotional programs, such as information about your use of such programs; and
b. Information about you provided by specific services, such as demographic and market segment information.
- Other Users and Sources. Other public or third-party sources such as law enforcement or financial services organizations, which may require information about you, for example as part of standard documentation as required by law.
II. How We Use Your Information. We use your personal information for the following purposes outlined in the headings A-F below, each of which is separately described in more detail in the corresponding lettered paragraphs below:
A. Enable the Website to provide services;
B. Maintain the security and safety of Users;
C. Building and Maintaining the Lake Region Eye Center Community.
D. Provide customer support with sufficient information to track, review, and/or recreate issues;
E. Improve the Website design, product, services, offerings; and
F. Respond to legal proceedings and obligations as required by local, state, and federal law.
A. Providing the Website. We use your personal information to provide a positive and useful experience on our platform. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about your experience using Lake Region Eye Center.; and
- Facilitate additional services and programs with third parties.
B. Maintaining the Security and Safety of the Website and its Users. To provide you a secure and safe experience using our platform, we use your personal information to:
- Verify that the required information is present;
- Investigate and resolve incidents and claims;
- Find and prevent fraud, investigate or provide information on the investigation of suspicious behavior; and
C. Building and Maintaining the Lake Region Eye Center Community Lake Region Eye Center may use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you about events or promotions;
- Personalize and provide content, experiences, and communications to promote and grow the website; and
- Help facilitate payments and donations you choose to make through the Website.
D. Providing Customer Support. We work hard to provide the best experience possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Investigate and assist you in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the Website; and
- Provide you support or respond to you.
E. Improving the Website. We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your personal information to:
- Perform research, testing, and analysis;
- Develop new products, features, partnerships, and services;
- Prevent, find, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and
- Monitor and improve our operations and processes.
F. Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements. When required by law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your personal information to respond to those demands or obligations.
III. How We Share Your Information. We do not sell your personal information. To make the Website work, we may need to share your personal information with third parties and service providers. This section explains when and why we share your information.
A. Sharing with Third-Party Service Providers for Business Purposes. Lake Region Eye Center may share the following categories of your personal information for a business purpose to provide you with a variety of the Website’s features and services:
- Personal identifiers, such as your name, address, email address;
- User history information, statistics and feedback;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identifiers, and mobile advertising identifiers; and
- Location data.
We disclose those categories of personal information to service providers to fulfill the following business purposes:
- Providing you customer service;
- Verifying the identity of Users;
- Detecting and preventing fraud;
- Providing loyalty and promotional programs;
- Providing marketing and advertising services to Lake Region Eye Center;
- Providing analytics services to Lake Region Eye Center; and
- Undertaking internal research to develop the Website.
B. For Legal Reasons and to Protect the Website. We may share your personal information in response to a legal obligation, or if we have determined that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary or appropriate to:
- Comply with any applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- Respond to legal process (such as a search warrant, subpoena, summons, or court order);
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or
- Exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third-parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
C. In Connection with Sale or Merger. We may share your personal information while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets.
D. Upon Your Further Direction. With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your personal information to interact with a third-party or for other purposes.
IV. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION. As long as we retain transactional information for up to seven years to ensure we can perform legitimate business functions, such as accounting for tax obligations. Historical transaction data will be retained as required by law, or by our Terms of Service.
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
V. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES REGARDING YOUR DATA. Lake Region Eye Center provides ways for you delete your personal information as well as exercise other data rights that give you certain control over your personal information.
A. All Users
- Location Information. When such functionality exists, you can prevent your device from sharing location information through your device’s system settings by modifying your browser settings.
- Cookie Tracking. You can modify your cookie settings on your browser, but if you delete or choose not to accept our cookies, you may be missing out on certain features of the Website.
- Do Not Track. Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services that you do not want them to track your online activities. The Website does not currently support Do Not Track requests at this time.
- Deleting Your User Data. Upon request, your User data can be deleted. When we delete your user data, we may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or to comply with legal or regulatory obligations.
B. California Residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below. To exercise these rights please contact us.
a. Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
b. Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you. There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third-party to do any of the following:
- Provide you a good or service;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug; Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
c. Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using the following method:
- Email Webform. You may write to us to exercise rights using the Contact Us webform. Please include your full name, email address, and phone number associated with your use of the Website, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
d. Response Timing and Format. We aim to respond to a consumer request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
VI. CHILDREN’S DATA. The Website is not directed towards usage by children, and we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, or that another User has provided personal information on a child under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us.
VII. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. The Website may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites may have privacy policies that differ from ours. We are not responsible for those websites, and we recommend that you review their policies. Please contact those websites directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.